You must ride a suitable bike with
- 2 working brakes, front and rear
- 2 handlebar plugs
- maximum wheel diameter is 29inches
- bike plate supplied by organisers fixed to the front of the bike
You must wear
- a helmet meeting AS2063 or equivalent standards
- wear closed shoes
- no singlets to be worn
You must carry
- Emergency foil blanket/ space blanket
- Triangular bandage & 2 x crepe bandages (suitable for snakebite) & adhesive dressing
- Medical gloves
- Bike repair kit (at minimum a tube, pump/ inflation, multi-tool, and chain link)
- Mobile phone – all carriers have intermittent coverage
- In inclement weather, organisers may mandate riders also carry: Jacket and/or thermal top
- Australian Road Rules apply at all times on all roads, tracks, and trails.
- You may not receive outside assistance anywhere on the course.
- You are not allowed to stash food or equipment anywhere on the course.
- Any deviating from the obvious single track unless marked as an A-line is classified as cheating.
- You must not wear headphones or similar music devices.
- You must not drop litter including gel tops. Any deliberate discarding of litter (wrappers etc) will result in disqualification.
- If you withdraw from the race you must formally notify the organisers.
- Failure to abide by these rules may result in a time penalty or disqualification.
- Geocentric has sole discretion to alter or amend the race format or the rules at any point. Notification of this will be posted on the Geocentric Facebook page.
- Your first point of contact is the race technical director.
- If after this you would like to submit a protest, you need to lodge it in writing within 1 hour of your finish.
- Formal submissions will be considered by an appeal panel of 3 suitable people. Decisions will be final.